Our Vision: To be the premier school for children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
1. Admission criteria for The Key School depends on
- A primary diagnosis of autism by a medical professional who is registered with the HPCSA
- The child being between the ages of 2 and 12 (inclusive)
- An appointment at the school with your child in attendance when a screening interview with parents and a screening assessment of the child by therapists will take place. Parents will be informed on the following day whether the school can meet the needs of your child and will confirm a date for a two week assessment.
- Phone the school to make an appointment when a screening interview will take place.
- Should parents consent to the assessment period they will be required to furnish the following forms that need to be filled in and returned to school on the day the child starts the assessment period:
- Intake questionnaire
- Relevant medical and supplementary information
- Fees are payable in advance on the 1st day of the month.
- Aftercare is available until 17:00
- A class is overseen by a teacher and a class assistant.
- Speech therapy and Occupational therapy are offered on site
- Therapy is arranged directly with the therapists
- Therapy is charged at Medical Aid Rates